- replacing the PTFE barrel with PEEK : $13 from MakerGear
- modular heater core and thermistor from MakerGear : $20 from MakerGear
- upgrading to heated build platform (HBP) : $50
- relay patch for HBP kit : $10
- 180 ohm resistor for motherboard : $0.10 ... maybe
- extruder gear upgrade : $10
- ferrite beads : $? ( did not use )
- ACME Z rod upgrade : $? ( haven't done )
I wholly approve of this artwork. If I were in a position to support the arts, I would support this.
uncanny valley ? Whenever we talk about AI in the lab, the assumption always is that the first AIs will resemble people with profound mental retardation or brain damage. That said, having an AI that can pass for a person with mental disability is still a major milestone. I don't think this represents that... I'm hoping that most of these responses are hard coded in a vast dictionary somewhere ( are we certain ours are not ? I know that I hash bits of conversation and store them for later, but I'm weird ).
Many years ago, Dabney House held a extra super official philosophy discussion on "The Distinction Between Things and Stuff". I recently recalled this discussion, and wondered if the following notions are relevant :